The 2017 SEFS graduation ceremony will take place on Friday, June 9, from 2 to 3:30 p.m. in Kane Hall room 120. The ceremony will be followed by a cupcake reception in the SEFS courtyard.
RSVPs for the graduation ceremony are now closed. If you have questions about the ceremony, you may contact David Campbell.
SEFS Celebration FAQ:
- When is the SEFS graduation celebration typically held?
On the last Friday of Spring Quarter, with a reception following at the School.
- Where is the SEFS graduation celebration typically held?
In Kane Hall (wheelchair and stroller accessible reception following in Anderson).
- Do I need to RSVP?
Yes! Take our graduation survey, which will be available Spring quarter, to RSVP for the graduation ceremony.
- Who can participate?
All students who graduated in the Autumn, Winter, Spring, and Summer Quarters of the current academic year may participate.
- How many family members and friends can I bring, and will they need tickets?
No tickets are required, but space is limited.
- Do I need a cap and gown?
Caps and gowns are not required, but business casual dress is encouraged.
- What is the program like?
The formal program typically consists of an invited speaker, two student speakers chosen by graduating students, naming of the graduates, and group pictures.
- Will my name be read during the program?
Yes! Names and personal statements will be read for each student attending the celebration.
- Will there be refreshments?
Yes! All participants are invited to a light lunch reception in Anderson Hall following the program.
- Will there be a printed program with my name listed?
Printed programs will be available with all the names that have been provided by the Registrar's Office for that academic year.
- What about parking?
Students should arrange for parking through the UW Commencement website.