SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
The School has a strong scholarship program made available by the generous donations of alumni and friends. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and need and assist students in paying for their tuition. Any School of Environmental and Forest Sciences student is eligible to apply. The SEFS Scholarship Application Form is available online. The application deadline is April 15 for the following academic year. Scholarship amounts are generally for Resident Operating Fee portion of quarterly tuition, sometimes for all three quarters of the academic year. Other sources of financial aid include:
The Charles L. Pack Essay Competition provides a $500 award annually for the best essay on a forestry topic written for the general public. Contact email@example.com with questions.
- The Director's Office supports graduate student travel to national conferences, seminars, and professional meetings. The funding is meant to supplement research grant funding and the Graduate School Fund for Excellence and Innovation.
- The Director's Office provides financial support to defray costs incurred to complete ESRM senior capstone projects. Students submit the Capstone Award Form to apply for this support.
- The Washington Pulp and Paper Foundation provides industry-sponsored scholarships for undergraduate majors in the Bioresource Science and Engineering program. Applicants must apply prior to the first quarter of their admission to the program. Scholarship amounts are $1,500-$4,000 per academic year, depending upon academic merit.
- The UW Financial Aid Office, Schmitz 105, administers a variety of government and UW funded financial aid programs for UW students. Application deadlines vary, but priority is given to those who apply early. Scholarship amount depends on eligibility for financial aid.
- The Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships, and Awards, Mary Gates 120, provides information and guidance for UW students on a wide variety of local and national funding programs.
- See additional information on scholarship and financial aid resources from a wide variety of sources.
Office of Student and Academic Services
School of Environmental and Forest Sciences
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-2100